Thursday, February 5, 2009

What happens when Mommy is sick?

My incredibly sweet husband took an extra sick day for me this week when I woke up yesterday morning so sick I couldn't function. I slept basically from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and went back to bed at 7 p.m. (and I spent most of the hours in between laying down). But somehow, life doesn't seem to stop for Mommy.

I was woken up every hour or so by Corbin "checking on me" ... he would come in, get really close to my face, and say, "Hi, Mommy!! Hi, Mommy!! Hi, Mommy!!" until I responded, then ask if I was sick, and then leave. 

Twice, Corbin came in to ask me to take him potty, even though Steven was completely capable (and already in the room with Corbin before he sought me out).

Olivia came in twice to ask for a drink of my water or to tell me she was hungry. 

Steven woke me up once to tell me he made me banana muffins (which were delicious). I got up long enough to eat one before I collapsed again. 

Our dinner was pizza. Lunch was mac & cheese. He took the kids to ice cream for a snack.

And I got up this morning, still feeling icky but at least functioning, (Steven went back to work) to the kitchen looking like a tornado hit it ... the pizza box still out, the empty milk carton in the sink, and dirty dishes everywhere. 

To Steven's credit, he was feeling icky still himself. 

I hope I never get sick again.

1 comment:

Lorri Cooper said...

Don't count on the never getting sick again. I always contended that dad needed to get sick first, so he would believe me when I said I was sick and having trouble functioning. This almost never happened. Do you still want spaghetti for dinner tonight?