Monday, March 9, 2009

Computer Rant

I hate my computer.

Actually, I love my computer, which is part of the problem. Macs are supposed to be hardier than most computers and not EVER have issues. Especially mysterious ones that no one seems to be able to diagnose. 

Today I found places for all the kids and scheduled an appointment with a macologist at the mac store. This very intelligent, helpful, cute, and VERY young gentleman helped me out, gave me what seemed to be excellent advice and sent me home. I got home, spent a couple hours dealing with backing up my entire computer on my recently-purchased external drive, and proceeded to attempt a disk repair. It didn't work right. So, after a seemingly helpful call the mac store, I tried another attempt. My blasted computer froze. And after yet another call to the mac store, they said I'll need to bring it in. 

So now I have to schedule another appointment at the mac store and try again. I don't know what's worse, the fact that I'll probably have to pay the $90/hour rate, or that I have to find childcare and drag my computer and 7-month pregnant belly through the mall.

Ugh.

1 comment:

Garrett, Carolynn, Jack Danger and Max Havoc said...

There is a mac store and a free babysitter here in corvallis. just a thought.