Monday, December 1, 2008

Eliana again

Eliana and Corbin have been playing pretend. Corbin wanted his shoes on, and from the other room I heard Eliana telling him, "We're going to take you to the experiment farm to get your shoes on." A moment later they come trotting into the laundry room where I'm folding laundry, and Eliana says, "Experiment farm person, will you put his shoes on? You're the experiment farm person because you have so much more experiments than anyone else. 

Eliana also got her report card today. She's "above instruction level" in reading and "at instruction level" in writing and mathematics. She scored "4" and "+" on everything on the whole report card except "Conventions (capitalization, punctuation, spelling, grammar)" which she scored a "3" .... [If you read the last blog, you might have got that idea] When I told her how proud I was of her and gave her an overview of the card, she said, "so I'm doing good in everything except periods and capitols and spelling and stuff??" I thought it was kinda funny how she summarized it ... as though there's anything she's doing badly at. And then she proceeded to explain to me how multiplication works. Did you learn multiplication in first grade?? I sure don't remember doing that!

 

No comments: