Monday, December 29, 2008

Playing Games

Today is my "catching up on blogging" day ... so hopefully you'll get lots of glimpses into what this vacation has been for us.

Corbin and I have a breakfast tradition. We have breakfast early (usually cheerios these days) and then after my shower (or after we drop the girls off at school on school days), we make our "second breakfast" of eggs and potatoes. Corbin was a little hungry today, and while I was making the eggs, he devoured all of his potatoes and was asking for more. And he's been asking for more potatoes all morning, even though he ate half of mine with his eggs. He really likes fried potatoes.

While we were making breakfast, the girls were playing UNO Attack! There are a few extra cards with UNO Attack, and Eliana asked me what a certain card was. I told her it meant that you could lay down all of your cards of a certain color. She thinks about it for a minute and then says, "I don't think I want to do that, because then I'd win and it would hurt Olivia's feelings. Olivia, I'll just skip you instead."

A little while later I hear her say, "I think that might be cheating, but we can do it anyways if we want to." and Olivia replies, "Yeah. It is my game, so we can cheat whenever we want!"

They seem to lack a competitiveness sometimes... but in a really good way! After lunch they were playing go fish. Olivia had all her cards laid out on the table, and Eliana says, "Ask me for this one, Olivia, and I'll give it to you!"

No comments: