Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dinnertime Conversations

At dinner, Eliana says, "It really bothers me when people say things like they have to pee or poop. Like in the lunch line today, Gypsy said, 'I have to pee.' It was so gross. And rude. I wish they would say, 'I have to use the bathroom.'"

So Steven proceeds to tell this story how he was in kindergarten and he told his teacher that he had to use the pot and his teacher thought he was being rude and wouldn't let him go. (Yes, I think it's scarred him ... I've heard the story a number of times.)

There's silence for a moment, and Olivia says, "What's the pot?" So I tell her it's a rude way of saying toilet. There's another moment of silence, and Olivia says, "I think we should make a rule in the Wages family that no one is allowed to say 'pot' because it's bad!" And Eliana says, "Well, at least when we're talking about the toilet."

No comments: