Saturday, January 17, 2009

Yummyness and Other Sundries

I tried a new recipe last night .... it was so yummy and healthy that I just have to share. It's from my favorite food blog, and I would say this is even better than the "traditional" chicken and rice with campbells from a can and/or the lipton soup mix. Here's the link to the recipe (it's on my favorite places list) ... so maybe you'll be inspired to try it too!

In a side note, some days I feel so lucky. Watching my children play together, I just wondered how I am so blessed. Three beautiful children and one more coming ... a great house, and we are comfortable. Even at our most "strapped" financially we have so much more than many many people ... I do not deserve this happiness, but I am so thankful!
Today, Olivia and I had a date. She wore a princess crown, and everywhere we went, people commented on her crown, her cuteness, and how well behaved she was. By the end, when someone asked her if she was a princess, she said, "NO! Why does everyone think that? I'm just wearing a crown!!!" Our first stop was Starbucks. She ordered (and I quote) "Hot chocolate with whipped cream on top and no lid." She also had a cinnamon roll that she licked off all the frosting and the cinnamon insides. She was discussing the people in the coffee shop, and I was trying to explain that it's not polite to point at people in a public place. I told her that she could explain "that gentleman in the green shirt" and nod her head toward him to indicate what direction he was. She thinks about it, tries out the head tilt, and says, "I can't because it makes my crown fall off!" When I burst out laughing, she said, "Mommy, you can't laugh like that in public, it's not polite!"