Wednesday, April 8, 2009

God is so NICE!

It's really funny how kids are different. Eliana is so literal, she wants to understand the how and why of everything. Olivia, on the other hand, is very relational. Everything relates to people and relationships between them. I know that both my children are wired this way, but sometimes their differences just strike my funny bone.

Olivia has an "owie" that she can't leave alone. We've been discussing why it's important NOT to pick scabs, but Olivia keeps picking this particular scab until it bleeds and then freaking out all over the place because it's bleeding AGAIN. We're on our way to pick up Eliana, and Olivia says, "Wow. God is so nice!! My body made it's own band-aid again. That's the way we're created, Mommy!" Her comment just tickled me! Juxtaposed against some of Eliana's observations about human bodies ... her diagram of Malachi in utero with the umbelical cord, discussing how antibiotics work, etc ... vs. "Wow. God is so nice!" I just had to laugh.

No comments: