Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day Camp, Day 3

Yesterday after day camp, Eliana and Olivia were having a snack at the table while I was making dinner. In response to some question I asked her, Eliana says, "So slap me on the booty and let's make a deal!" I choked so hard I had a 30-second coughing fit. Then I couldn't decide whether it was okay to laugh or not.

Needless to say, we had a long conversation about what kinds of things that older kids say are okay to repeat and what isn't. This whole attitude thing is killing me. Who'd have thought that my sheltered, no-tv, almost-six-year-old would be rolling her eyes, sighing dramatically and for all intents and purposes acting like a teenager. Maybe this is my punishment for being so proud of how smart she is. Maybe it just goes with the territory.

On a more positive note, Corbin and I made cookies today. Three different kinds. I was feeling cookie-ish. I know, that's not a word, but it describes how I feel. Maybe I should make snickerdoodles too. Is four too many?

For all those who rag on me for my son's lactating preferences, you'll be happy to know that not only is he going to bed now with daddy (that means no nursing), but I've also started putting him down for his afternoon nap without nursing. Today he fell asleep in less than five minutes. Let me tell you, that's a big change from an HOUR!! He now has his OWN bed across the room from ours. To sweeten the pie for him, we decked it all out in Dora sheets. .... Now, before you freak out, he LOVES Dora. And I'm sure by the time he or any of his friends are old enough to care, he will be on to something else. But for now, he is THRILLED!

Well, that's all for now. I think I'm going to go eat a cookie.

2 comments:

Lorri Cooper said...

You could make me snickerdoodles!

Garrett, Carolynn, Jack Danger and Max Havoc said...

"lactating preferences"? HAHAHA that's the funniest phrase i've ever heard.