Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Awesomeness!

I found this really great quote by Condoleezza Rice, the secretary of state. I really really like it and the idea behind it!

"I think really the big changes happen very often at the local level. The most important people in my life were my parents, but the next most important people to me were the people in my community: my teachers, as well as the people who lived in my community and made sure I got home safely at night. These people were very much a part of my life and still are. Some of them I still stay in touch with: That's what communities can mean.

If you've got great family and great friends, as I have had throughout my life, that helps a lot. I'm also someone who has great religious faith. I am a great believer in being able to draw on what the Apostle Paul once said in Romans 5, which is that you have the glory and tribulation also, because from tribulation grows perseverance, and out of perseverance, hope.

In times when life is easy, we don't appreciate enough our religious faith, or the people who support us and care about us and love us. But when things get tough, we have to rely on them. Every time you go through a tough period, I think you're just making yourself a stronger person."

No comments: