Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What a week

I'm having troubles processing that it's only Wednesday. It has been a week frought (is that how you spell that word? I need Carolynn's new dictionary) with chaos.

Firstly, and probably most significantly, we're trying to wean Corbin. What a harrowing process. Mostly because he's not happy about it. On Sunday night, Corbin woke up at 2:30 a.m. asking to nurse. And since I said no, he proceeded to scream for two hours straight and refuse to go back to sleep. Again last night, he woke up at 4 a.m., and didn't scream, but refused to go back to sleep. During the day, he has been this grumpy monster that I don't even recognize. It's been really hard. I miss my happy little guy.

I know that this is really good for us, I feel that it's time for our relationship to change, but it is really hard on this poor momma's heart. My baby is sad, and I am refusing to offer him the comfort he wants. On the other side, I think it's time that he learned to be comforted in other ways. I just wish it was easier on us both.

Another positive of this, though, is that he is finally EATING! He's done this thing for months where he refuses to eat unless it's something yummy (snacks, sugar) or breakfast or dinner. The whole middle part of the day, he wouldn't eat. Yesterday he ate crackers, a banana, chili with nachos, and part of an apple (and a popsicle ... shhh) ... all in the middle of the day. I cannot even tell you what a relief this is.

So, while I'm playing catch-up from having Courtney and Avery here, plus the fourth of july, Corbin is making life difficult, and that leaves my poor daughters catching the short end of things.

During rest time today, they worked on a little art project:



Oh well. It washes off. You can't see very well in the picture because the purple doesn't show up very well, but it was very tastefully done.

Did I mention that in addition to this week's stressors, Steven and I are on a 10-day detox diet?? So no carbs, grains, sugars, etc. Basically just veggies, meat, and fruit with lots of water. So I'm also craving coffee, sugar, and at this point, I'd eat just about any kind of carbs. I hope I feel good and lose enough weight to make it seem worthwhile.

No comments: